Diploma in Translation (DipTrans)
UvA Talen offers the opportunity to attain the Diploma in Translation (DipTrans) in Amsterdam. The Diploma in Translation is the gold standard for anyone wanting a career as a freelance translator or to work as a translator for international corporations worldwide and meets the need for a high-level professional translating qualification.
The exam will be taken on a single day in January, depending on language combination:
- Tuesday 15 January 2019 - from all languages into English
- Wednesday 16 January 2019 - from English into all languages
The registration period for DipTrans runs from 1 May to 31 August.
To take the DipTrans exam at UvA Talen, you should complete the following procedure:
1. Contact us
to let us know that you would like to take the DipTrans exam at UvA Talen. Please provide the following information: name, address, date of birth, source language, target language and unit(s) you wish to take. You will receive confirmation from us with information that you need in order to register at the CIoL.
2. Register at the CIoL. To do this, you need to download the Examination Entry Form, fill in the form and email it to email@example.com
3. Once your registration at the CIoL has been processed and the registration period has closed, the CIoL will forward your details to us; this will be around six to eight weeks before the examination date. You will then receive an invoice from UvA Talen for the centre fee.
4. Once we have received your payment, you will receive confirmation around a month before the examination date with all the information you need to take the exam.
Besides the costs you pay to the CIoL, you need to pay a centre fee of € 89 per unit to UvA Talen.
You will receive an invoice for the centre fee once we have received your registration from the CIoL (step 3). This invoice should be paid within 21 days.
You can find more information about DipTrans on www.ciol.org.uk.