UvA Talen offers the opportunity to attain the Diploma in Translation (DipTrans) in Amsterdam. The Diploma in Translation is the gold standard for anyone wanting a career as a freelance translator or to work as a translator for international corporations worldwide and meets the need for a high-level professional translating qualification.
The exam will be taken on a single day in January, depending on language combination:
- Tuesday 21 January 2020 - from all languages into English
- Wednesday 22 January 2020 - from English into all languages
The registration period for DipTrans runs from 1 May to 30 November.
To take the DipTrans exam at UvA Talen, you should complete the following procedure:
1. Download the DipTrans Entry Form from the CIoL website, fill in the form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. As soon as your registration has been processed and the registration period has closed (30 November), we will forward your details to the CIoL. You will then receive a confirmation from CIoL and an invoice from UvA Talen for the centre fee. Only when you’ve received both of these has your registration been successful.
3. Once we have received your payment, you will receive a confirmation email around a month before the examination date containing all the information you need to take the exam.
You can find the exam fees for DipTrans on the CIoL website. Besides the costs you pay to the CIoL, you need to pay a centre fee of € 89 per unit to UvA Talen. This should be paid within 21 days of the invoice date.
You can find all the essential information about DipTrans on www.ciol.org.uk/diptrans.