Presenting in English
The course Presenting in English is intended for those who need to give presentations in English. The main focus is on giving an effective and professional presentation.
The following topics will be covered during the course:
- The structure of a presentation
- Summarizing and drawing conclusions
- Concluding your presentation
- Listening to and posing questions
- Answering questions (and how to deal with unexpected interruptions)
- Presentation language versus written language
- Cultural diversity
- Body language
- Visual support (including PowerPoint)
In addition, attention will be given to word choice and aspects of grammar.
The language level of this course is comparable to the level of English Advanced 1 (B2.2/C1.1).
Each participant will give four presentations: two 5-minute presentations and two 10-minute presentations. These will be recorded and discussed in class. Your teacher will provide you with a personal plan of action.
AssessmentThe intake procedure for this course comprises: intake interview, online test
|Mondays||30 Sep 2019||02 Dec 2019||19:00 - 21:00||20||620||Enrol NOW!|