Spanish level 9
Spanish Level 9 is intended for students who already have a high level of Spanish. Students should be familiar with several more advanced aspects of Spanish grammar (such as the past and future tenses imperfecto, indefinido, perfecto and futuro) and should have a broad and active vocabulary (work-related and personal life).
What will you learn?
This language course will improve your general language proficiency (reading, writing speaking and listening), but is primarily focused on increasing your vocabulary and on active speaking and writing. By the end of the course you will be able to give a detailed presentation and conduct an interview in Spanish, write a poem or a news article and express your ideas about careers, education or the environment.
Upon successful completion of Spanish Level 9, you will have mastered advanced grammar skills. Grammatical topics covered in the course include:
- the adjective
- verbs with prepositions (special cases)
- expressing preference, dislike, appreciation
- use of the infinitive or subjunctive
- communicative functions and grammatical phrases
- relative pronouns (use and applications)
- connectors, also known as discourse markers (use and applications)
- expressing cause (conjunctions and word groups, use of indicative and subjunctive)
- expressing feelings (various grammatical options, common expressions and changed sentence structure)
- expressing consequence (conjunctions and use of the indicative or subjunctive)
- expressing condition (use and tenses in the indicative and subjunctive)